[GRASS-user] 6.5svn Crash Report

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jan 27 17:26:16 EST 2012

   I just ran 'svn up': 14:00 PST Friday 2012-01-27, configured, built, and
installed the latest code. Didn't record the build number.

   Within the wxPython GUI I opened a point map and tried to query a point
for information about it. GRASS immediately crashed. The virtual console
shows:

GRASS 6.5.svn (Washington-SPCS):~/grassdata/Washington-SPCS/Buckhorn > dbmi:
Protocol error

GRASS_INFO_ERROR(1491,1): Unable to open database
</home/rshepard/grassdata/Washington-SPCS/Buckhorn/dbf/>
GRASS_INFO_END(1491,1)

GRASS_INFO_ERROR(1494,1): Unable to describe table
<Buckhorn_Surface_Water_Stations>
GRASS_INFO_END(1494,1)
dbmi: Protocol error

GRASS_INFO_ERROR(1516,1): Unable to open database
</home/rshepard/grassdata/Washington-SPCS/Buckhorn/dbf/>
GRASS_INFO_END(1516,1)

GRASS_INFO_ERROR(1519,1): Unable to describe table
<Buckhorn_Surface_Water_Stations>
GRASS_INFO_END(1519,1)

   I had imported this map from a shapefile a few weeks ago but had not
looked at it before now. Where do I start looking for the problem with
opening the GRASS database?

Rich