[GRASS-user] Re: Aster DEM

Stefan Sylla stefansylla at gmx.de
Sat Mar 24 00:29:26 EDT 2012

> The zone that I work is WGS84 147N.

Normally the Aster DEM comes with a WGS84 lat-long grid, so your
settings seem to be ok, except that you have a zone; there are no
zones for WGS84. Maybe your location is UTM zone 147N? Then the import
of the Aster DEM will not work. You have to set up a WGS84 location.
Or just do the following in your current loacation:

r.in.gdal in=aster.tif out=aster.dem location=aster

With that, r.in.gdal will create a new location corresponding to the
projection information of the Aster DEM.

Stefan

Quoting "Javier García [via OSGeo.org]"