[GRASS-user] Fwd: Re: ppa for grass 7 Ubuntu Quantal

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 22 14:03:30 PDT 2013

Rashad M wrote:
> I can help you with building packages for GRASS. I am already
> pushing grass70 packages in ubuntugis-testing. So I am ok with
> packaging.
> Please tell me what to do? Is there anything special about
> grass PPA?

the first thing that should happen is that the control files
should be updated to pull from the latest from the DebianGIS
git repository. All the packaging work is pretty much done and
problems solved already, no point in reinventing the wheel/chase
the same target.. (I'm not sure where UbuntuGIS is at in this
regard, if you are pulling from them. They should sync too.)

Instructions are in the src:debian/README.debian file in the
GRASS source code and  http://wiki.debian.org/DebianGis

These will generally work fine in a concurrent version of
Ubuntu (or derivatives), with only minor changes to the control
file for the occasional renamed libraries.

The whole (re)package building exercise should be possible with
a simple 2-10 line script.

regards,
Hamish