[GRASS-user] r.kappa

Rebecca Stedham rlstedham at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 28 06:49:27 PST 2013

Hi there,

Today I am using r.kappa to test a LANDSAT classification. The module runs fine, but I am unable to save the error matrix and kappa to a file.

I have tried both with the GUI and in python script.

I am running it using NX client and so my file paths have '\' symbols to represent directories. When I use the 'browse' icon to locate the correct directory/file, grass automatically uses '\'.  However I am receiving the error msg:

Illegal filename. Character </> not allowed.

Also  - it doesn't seem clear whether I have to have created a text file to store this information beforehand or whether it does this.

I have tried both and neither work because of the character error.

Any help really appreciated

Becky