[GRASS-user] help with testing the location wizard for the upcoming release

Jon Eiriksson jeir at hi.is
Wed Jun 5 08:54:02 PDT 2013

Hi,

Using
grass64_release
revision revision 56596

I did not come across any problems in creating Locations (from custom
prj parameters, from a georeferenced shape file, or directly from a prj
file).

1.
Location created from georeferenced data file
[shape file from ArcGIS]

g.proj -p
-PROJ_INFO-------------------------------------------------
name       : Lambert Conformal Conic
proj       : lcc
ellps      : grs80
lat_1      : 64.25
lat_2      : 65.75
lat_0      : 65
lon_0      : -19
x_0        : 500000
y_0        : 500000
no_defs    : defined
-PROJ_UNITS------------------------------------------------
unit       : Meter
units      : Meters
meters     : 1
(Wed Jun  5 17:35:28 2013) Command finished (0 sec)

2. g.proj -p [on location created using custom PROJ.4 parameters:
---
# ISN93 / Lambert 1993
<3057> +proj=lcc +lat_1=64.25 +lat_2=65.75 +lat_0=65 +lon_0=-19
+x_0=500000 +y_0=500000 +ellps=GRS80 +towgs84=0,0,0,0,0,0,0 +units=m
+no_defs  <>
---
]

g.proj -p
-PROJ_INFO-------------------------------------------------
name       : Lambert Conformal Conic
proj       : lcc
ellps      : grs80
lat_1      : 64.25
lat_2      : 65.75
lat_0      : 65
lon_0      : -19
x_0        : 500000
y_0        : 500000
towgs84    : 0,0,0,0,0,0,0
no_defs    : defined
-PROJ_UNITS------------------------------------------------
unit       : Meter
units      : Meters
meters     : 1
(Wed Jun  5 17:38:50 2013) Command finished (0 sec)

3. Location created reading projection and datum terms from a PRJ file
[from a shape file folder from ArcGIS]

g.proj -p
-PROJ_INFO-------------------------------------------------
name       : Lambert Conformal Conic
proj       : lcc
ellps      : grs80
lat_1      : 64.25
lat_2      : 65.75
lat_0      : 65
lon_0      : -19
x_0        : 500000
y_0        : 500000
no_defs    : defined
unit       : Meter
units      : Meters
meters     : 1
(Wed Jun  5 17:42:37 2013) Command finished (0 sec)

Jon