[GRASS-user] dxf export with attributes (RESOLVED)

Linda Edwards lindaedwards at cinci.rr.com
Tue Jun 11 10:05:10 PDT 2013

After consulting several message boards the following steps were followed to provide a dxf-labeled vector point file initially created in GRASS.   This involved the use of a free dxf converter available at:

http://freegeographytools.com/2007/converting-shapefiles-and-arcinfo-coverages-to-autocad-dxf-format

Note that this is a Windows .exe program

1.  export the vector file as an ESRI-shape file using v.out.ogr.  (Initially I had an issue with the column name being too long _over 8 characters_when corrected all worked well).
2.  upload the data file to the dxfauthor converter using the File pull-down menu
3.  the shapes will be displayed in the main window
3.  select Convert to DXF and a series of several screens will allow you to select various options along with designating the location of the output dxf
4.  select Finish

At this point you should have a labeled dxf.