[GRASS-user] r.resamp.rst error : "Not enough disk space--cannot write files"

bidon sanshuile piano_bo at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 10 15:28:10 PDT 2013

> Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 20:24:08 +0100
> Subject: Re: [GRASS-user] r.resamp.rst error : "Not enough disk space--cannot write files"
> From: markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
> To: piano_bo at hotmail.com
> CC: grass-user at lists.osgeo.org
>
> On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 7:41 PM, bidon sanshuile <piano_bo at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 16:28:49 +0100
> >> Subject: Re: [GRASS-user] r.resamp.rst error : "Not enough disk
> >> space--cannot write files"
> >> From: markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
> >> To: piano_bo at hotmail.com
> >> CC: grass-user at lists.osgeo.org

> >> Note that this message:
> >>
> >> is bogus for large regions with fine resolution because of integer
> >> overflow (fixed in trunk).
> >>
> >> How many cells are in your current region with resolution=11?
> >
> > Thank you for your answers!
> >
> > Here are the characteristics of the raster:
> >  |   Rows:         3062
> > |
> >  |   Columns:      2587
> > |
> >  |   Total Cells:  7921394
> >
> > I don't know how many of these have a resolution of 11.
>
> You need to provide the output of g.region -p. Note that all cells
> have the same resolution, and that r.resamp.rst is typically used to
> resample to a finer resolution, e.g. 20 to 10 map units.

Here is the result:
projection: 0 (x,y)
zone:       0
north:      5682231.5
south:      5679169.5
west:       469641.5
east:       472228.5
nsres:      1
ewres:      1
rows:       3062
cols:       2587
cells:      7921394

I must admit that I am quite new in GRASS, and I don't master all the concepts. Is the raster too big? Do I have to increase the memory allocated? In this last case, I don't know at all which module to use.

> > . I am following a
> > step by step manual where they advise to set ew_res at this value.
>
> Why 11 and not 10?

It doesn't work for both ^^ It works until I put 7, but I would like to make it as written in the manual, to be precise enough.