[GRASS-user] r.resamp.rst error : "Not enough disk space--cannot write files"

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 05:17:53 PDT 2013

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 11:28 PM, bidon sanshuile <piano_bo at hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 20:24:08 +0100
>
>> Subject: Re: [GRASS-user] r.resamp.rst error : "Not enough disk
>> space--cannot write files"
>> From: markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
>> To: piano_bo at hotmail.com
>> CC: grass-user at lists.osgeo.org

>> > Thank you for your answers!
>> >
>> > Here are the characteristics of the raster:

>> > I don't know how many of these have a resolution of 11.
>>
>> You need to provide the output of g.region -p. Note that all cells
>> have the same resolution, and that r.resamp.rst is typically used to
>> resample to a finer resolution, e.g. 20 to 10 map units.
>
> Here is the result:
> projection: 0 (x,y)
> zone:       0
> north:      5682231.5
> south:      5679169.5
> west:       469641.5
> east:       472228.5
> nsres:      1
> ewres:      1
> rows:       3062
> cols:       2587
> cells:      7921394
>
> I must admit that I am quite new in GRASS, and I don't master all the
> concepts. Is the raster too big? Do I have to increase the memory allocated?
> In this last case, I don't know at all which module to use.

The raster does not seem too big, but r.resamp.rst needs quite a bit
of disk space depending on the selected output maps.

In this case, the target resolution 11 is larger than the source
resolution 1. You would rather want to use r.resamp.stats in order to
aggregate several input cells into one output cell. r.resamp.rst is
meant to be used when you want to go to a finer resolution, e.g. from
10 to 1.

Markus M