[GRASS-user] Rendering labels in GRASS Cartographic Composer from vector layer

RichardC richtcooper at hotmail.com
Sun May 5 01:42:32 PDT 2013

Hi,

> yes, the problem is that after you change the fontsize option in the
> dialog, now there is no way to disable it, you have to close it and
> open it again. Related ticket 1048 [1].

Thanks.

> As for the cartographic composer, labels are not yet supported. I will
> try to add it soon. Meanwhile, you can export the instructions file,
> add labels instruction there and run ps.map with this file. Do not
> forget to change region appropriately (region settings from the
> instruction file header).

I've tried adding all the contents of the label file directly in to the
instruction (.psmap) file and also formatting the latter (as per the ps.map
manual) with

labels hydrobasins_5May2013 at hydrolayers
    font standard
    end

However, I still can't display the labels in the map composer?

I'd be grateful for any suggestions. Thanks,
Richard