[GRASS-user] g.extension error installing install r.hazard.flood

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat May 18 04:02:44 PDT 2013

Richard wrote:
> This doesn't seem to be reflected in
> /home/user/.grass.bashrc   ?

~/.grass.bashrc is only read by grass, e.g. I use it to reset
the GRASS> terminal prompt and GRASS_HTML_BROWSER to my
preferences. Unfortunately (in grass6 at least) GRASS_ADDON_PATH
doesn't work from there. Maybe you are thinking of $MAPSET/.bashrc
which grass does create.

> When I attempt to run from the  GRASS terminal by
> inserting the path to the executable I get the error:
>
> Unable to fetch interface description for command
> 'r.fuzzy.logic'.

that indicates the program is not in the $PATH, which it needs
to be for scripts. (the scripts run the g.parser module, which
then reruns the script by name, if it can't find the program you
get the above error)

Hamish