[GRASS-user] Calculate Composite Curve Number without a BASH script?

ouspensky ouspensky at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 08:03:06 PDT 2013

is it possible to find the area weighted CN without resorting to writing a
script to loop  through all the watersheds?  can it be done with map
algebra? with cross product overlay? with r.coin? (somehow)

The equation:

CNcomposite = sum(CN*CNarea) / sum(CNarea)

so I have to find the total area of cells of each CN value per a
watershed.  I can do it with r.mask and r.stats but that is manually one by
one and must be processed externally in a spreadsheet