[GRASS-user] r.profile

Mark Seibel mseibel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 09:49:44 PDT 2014

When using r.profile interactively in a location using horizontal and
vertical units of meters, the output profile is correct.  My transect is
about 800 meters long.

When using r.profile interactively in a location using horizontal and
vertical units of feet, the Y axis (raster elevation values) displays
values correctly.  However, the X axis stops plotting at 800 *feet* but
puts the endpoint 'triangle' of the profile at the correct distance on the
X axis at around 2600 feet.   Essentially, it squishes the plot to fit
between 0 and 800 when it should be between 0 and around 2600.

I notice that when I measure distances, the display also outputs the units
in meters, but the values are in feet.  Seems like a related issue.

Where do I change this so that units are correct as feet?  I've tried
setting the EPSG code in Settings-->Preferences-->Projection Tab to 2882
with the proj.4 string inserted, but it still treats the horizontal units
as if they were meters and not feet when measuring or profiling the surface.

Tried r.profile in GRASS 6.4 and 7.1 on Linux Mint with same results.

Thanks,
Mark