[GRASS-user] align large number of images in a automated way

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Jul 30 00:56:43 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 8:42 AM, Terry Duell <tduell at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> It might be able to be done using Hugin and a script, but not knowing all
> the details of your project I can't be sure there wouldn't be any problems.
> If you can put a few of the images somewhere I can access them (eg Dropbox)
> I could have a look at how Hugin might handle it.

I would suggest the same: the underlying software used by Hugin is the
SIFT algorithm
On my Fedora box, I have autopano-sift-C-2.5.1-8.fc20.x86_64 (from
http://free.rpmfusion.org/,
Autopano: Match Keypoints generated by generatekeys).

You just feed in the images and it will turn back the GCPs. Then can
then go into the common (GRASS) image processing chain.

Markus

--
http://courses.neteler.org
http://gis.cri.fmach.it/neteler/