[GRASS-user] r.stream.basins disappeared?

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 05:09:48 PDT 2014

Hi Johannes,

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 1:50 PM, Johannes Radinger <
johannesradinger at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I recognized that the r.stream.* suit was moved from the add-on arena to
> the main code of GRASS7, but what happened to r.stream.basins. This tool
> (which I depend on in my own
> add-on) is neither available in the main GRASS7 nor as an G7 add on.

AFAIK it is in addons [1]. Have you experienced any problems in fetching
it? There is a ticket [2] and a discussion [3] about moving it to trunk or
not, but as you can see from the discussion, MMetz has raised some doubts
regarding the code, thus at the moment it remains in addons.

HTH,

madi

>  Has the functionality been merged with another tool? I basically need to
> delineate the part of a catchment which is upstream a certain pair of
> coordinates. This could be easily calculated with r.stream.basin by
> providing the coordinate pair and the flow direction map. The output was a
> raster map showing the upstream catchment.
>
> Any help is appreciated...
>
> Best regards,
> Johannes
>

> [1]
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass7/raster/r.stream.basins

[2] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2237
[3]

--
Best regards,

Dr. Margherita DI LEO
Scientific / technical project officer

European Commission - DG JRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.