[GRASS-user] GRASS GIS v.db.reconnect.all -cd question

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun May 11 02:39:16 PDT 2014

On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 3:14 AM, zhangty <zhang_t_y at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a beginner for GRASS. I have installed GRASS7.0Beta2 in my computer
> (Win7). I am now learning that by following a tutorial on Youtube.
>
> I know I have to rebuild the vector file in the new version since the old
> vector file does not support.

Which dataset do you use here?
If the North Carolina Sample Dataset, you can download it for GRASS 7 at

http://grass.osgeo.org/download/sample-data/

> I followed the
> http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Convert_all_GRASS_6_vector_maps_to_GRASS_7
>
> And try to do that on North Carolina sample project, but found that inputing
> "v.db.reconnect.all -cd" returns me some errors "dbmi: db_list_databases()
> not implemented, ERROR: Unable to list databases"

Besides that it is not needed when using the package
"nc_spm_08_grass7.tar.gz", it should for sure not fail.

Any winGRASS power user here who could make a test?

Tianyi, meanwhile consider to use the updated dataset from above for learning.

Best
Markus