[GRASS-user] help with batch exporting r.out.gdal

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Thu Sep 4 00:09:45 PDT 2014

Rajat Nayak <rajat27404 at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> I just created a list of files (NPPFILES) using g,mlist command in
> >> grass7. Now I would like to export these files as .tiff files.
> >> I tried this command

> >> for files in $NPPFILES; do
> >> r.out.gdal input="$NPPFILES" output="$NPPFILES.tiff" format=GTiff ; done

Here, you ask the string "files" to get each of the whatsoever values
are stored inside the variable $NPPFILES.

1. is there an NPPFILES variable defined already?  Something like

NPPFILES="
file_1
file_2
flie_3"

2. What you actually need to feed the "input=" parameter, is the "files"
term, not the "$NPPFILES".

> >> This is not working for me. I tried giving directory path, still no
> >> result.

ok, assuming you are running this from inside a GRASSy session, you
should be, at the time of executing the for loop, inside the directory
where the "list of files" is also present.  I guess you created a file,
say "nppfiles_list".

To be sure, just instruct

cat nppfiles_list

and expect to get the list of files you created.

If that's ok, then it should work, e.g.:

for File in `cat nppfiles_list`; do r.out.gdal input=${File}
output=${File}.tiff; done

Note, instead of "File" it could be any other string you like.

Hope this helps a bit.

Nikos