[GRASS-user] Grass 7.0 Gui interface, in Ubuntu. Problems with creation of custom colortables for raster

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 04:58:39 PDT 2015

Hi Maria

> Dear all,
> I recently faced the problem with raster colortables. Grass 7.0, GUi,
> Ubuntu platform
> I click Raster -> colortables -> manage color rules interactively. And see
> the window.
> I can change colors as well as break values, but I cannot apply them to
> raster.
> The buttons "Apply" and "Preview" as well as "Reload default table" in the
> window "Manage color rules interactively" doesn't work
> Corresponding buttons are present but have an inactive state. The only
> things I can do in this window are exit and activate "help" window.
> It works good in Windows but not in Ubuntu....
> Such a way, all my rasters have only default colortables and I can't
> change it.
> Can anyone help me to solve the problem?

Have you tried command line?

# for predefined color tables (check manual page for more color tables
available)
r.colors map=your_map1,your_map2 color=bcyr

# in case you create your own color table
r.colors map=your_map1,your_map2 rules=path/to/color/rules/file

> And one more question:
> How can I save created colortable. In what format?

It is a simple plain text file. Check formating here:
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/r.colors.html

Hope it helps... sorry I can't help with the gui problem.

Cheers,
Vero