[GRASS-user] Copy an existing location

Bartolomei.Chris Bartolomei.Chris at ensco.com
Thu Apr 28 00:44:19 PDT 2016

Hi Janet ... I was just thinking about the suggestion I sent ... you may be better off exporting the rasters and then having the user import them into a like-named mapset with the projection set to what the original rasters are in (and set the region and resolution correctly prior to import). The reason I say this is the file compression I suggested may cause some data loss ... look into lossless data compression algorithms and you'll see what I'm talking about.
It may be irrelevent, but I'm not 100% sure... something to be aware of though.

Chris Bartolomei P.E.
Engineer/Scientist
ENSCO, Inc.
bartolomei.chris at ensco.com