[GRASS-user] GRASS at the 12th International Conference on Hydroinformatics

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 11:30:03 PDT 2016

On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 1:09 PM, Laurent C. <lrntct at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've tried but never manage to make it work. See:
> https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2016-March/079481.html
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2480
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2968
>
> So I finally decided to make it a Python package and drop g.parser for
> argparse.

Hi Laurent,

you can actually still use GRASS parser even if you are not using
g.extension. The only condition for GRASS parser to work is that you script
is running inside GRASS session. You can even use both GRASS parser and
your current mechanism if you have some way of distinguishing the command
lines from each other and than calling the proper set of functions.

Vaclav