[GRASS-user] Selecting starting points for r.flow

Vincent Godard godard at cerege.fr
Tue Dec 13 09:55:46 PST 2016

Dear Grass users,

I am using r.flow to generate hillslope flow paths over a high
resolution DEM. I am actually only interested in a limited number of
these paths, originating at some selected hilltop points.

r.flow computes flow paths over the whole DEM, and in order to get the
vectors I am interested in I would need to run the computation over the
whole region (with skip=1) and select afterward some of these flow
lines  from the output, which is computationally prohibitive on my DEM
(potentially millions of lines and I am only interested in a few 1000s
of them).

Is there way to force r.flow to limit the computation to selected flow
starting points?

Thanks in advance,

Vincent

--