[GRASS-user] PostgreSQL raster and vector import

patrick s. patrick_gis at gmx.net
Thu Feb 4 01:44:41 PST 2016

Dear list

In addition to my mail yesterday (see below):

The use of PostGIS might be related to the conversation from octobre
last year
(http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/External-raster-from-PostGIS-td5231932.html),
but it remains unclear to me how to import raster and is not referred to
in the manual.

My current state seems close to the solution:
r.in.gdal in="PG:dbname=psql_local schema=myschema table=reference_map"
out=region_ref -o --o #load into grass
r.external source="PG:dbname=psql_local schema=myschema
table=reference_map" out=region_ref --o -o  #link to grass

But both lead to "ERROR: North must be larger than South"

However, I can view the data in QGIS (loading though db-manager) and it
appears to be ok.

Is Error it a problem of gdal, my data or the grass-modules? And how can
I solve it?

Thanks for any help
Patrick