[GRASS-user] Compile and install GRASS GIS 7 on Fedora 23 64 bit

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Feb 13 14:04:00 PST 2016

On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 10:57 PM, CARLO CORMIO <carlo.cormio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> thank you, also for qgis 2.13 repo for fedora :-)

cheers. I hope so much that they finish my attempt to package G7 for Fedora.
Any packager reading here?

> Il 13/feb/2016 10:23 PM, "Markus Neteler" <neteler at osgeo.org> ha scritto:
> Yes I have that file, but OpenGL support is not installed as I excluded it
> upon configuration (due to errors,

mhh I guess that's needed. Any error you can post?

> maybe coming from the use of nvidia proprietary driver).
>
> Could it simply be a matter of path to openGL library?

Might be. Note these "configure" parameters:

  --with-opengl           support OpenGL functionality (default: yes)
  --with-opengl-includes=DIRS
  --with-opengl-libs=DIRS OpenGL library files are in DIRS
  --with-opengl-framework=DIR

>> And, is the content of
>> cd lib/nviz
>> compiled? (try "make" therein)
>
> Uhm, I don't think. This is what I see in lib/nviz:
>
> change_view.c draw.c lights.c map_obj.c nvizlib.dox render.c cplanes_obj.c
> exag.c Makefile nviz.c position.c
>
> Maybe I have to modify Makefile in the row where it looks for OPENGL_X11?

No - configure does that. What happens, when you launch "make" in that
directory?

ciao
Markus