[GRASS-user] Compile and install GRASS GIS 7 on Fedora 23 64 bit

CARLO CORMIO carlo.cormio at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 16:45:52 PST 2016

HI Markus,

I tried to go back to nouveau driver (uninstalling nvidia driver and
reinstalling mesa and x11) and then to install nvidia driver along
with nouveau (without removing or blacklisting, just following nvidia
driver setup procedure).

Before installing nvidia driver again, I did make cleand and make
distclean of grass install and then compiled GRASS GIS 7.0.4svn (after
svn up) again, following the instruction from grasswiki (link in

And I finally found what was wrong with nviz/3D view ....

The dropdown menu disappear unless I maximize Map Display windows
(maybe it was there also before, without OpenGL, but we will never
Know :-P). Thus, sorry for stealing your time, but maybe this is
something that should be taken into account. Anything that could let
the user know that there are more options in Map Display menu bar.
Isn't there an option in Layer manager menu to run nviz? I could not
find it. And how to run nviz from command line or terminal?

Ciao,

Carlo

--
CARLO CORMIO
Progettazione e consulenza ingegneristica