[GRASS-user] Pansharpening Landsat 8 Imagery

Ken Mankoff mankoff at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 02:59:25 PDT 2016

Hi Michele (and Paul),

On 2016-07-18 at 23:49, Michele Toma <michele.toma at airborne.aero> wrote:
> Paul Shapley was kind enough to share his tutorial
> (http://www.paulshapley.com/2014/04/processing-landsat-8-bands-in-grass-gis.html)
> which has worked for me. (Thanks Paul!)

Thanks for this link! It is nice to finally have pan-sharpened images without reducing them to 8-bit images.

One change I suggest is that instead of using r.colors for histogram equalization, to use i.colors.enhance with the "-p" flag. I think this considers RGB bands together, which preserves "true color" a bit better, than histogram-equalizing the RGB bands independently of each other.

  -k.