[GRASS-user] Exporting RGB Composite Images to GeoTIFF

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Fri Jul 22 02:33:51 PDT 2016

Moritz Lennert wrote
> On 21/07/16 16:27, Markus Neteler wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 2:53 AM, Michele Toma
>> <

> michele.toma@

>  <mailto:

> michele.toma@

> >> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi everyone (again),____
>>
>>     __ __
>>
>>     I am having trouble exporting a composite RGB image into a GeoTIFF
>>     format that I can open in Global Mapper, Photoshop, or other
>>     programs. This is using Landsat 8 imagery. I am able to open the
>>     composite image in QGIS, but not in Global Mapper or Photoshop. ____
>>
>>     __ __
>>
>>     Below is a list of steps that I took to get the image. I am unsure
>>     of what settings to use when using r.out.gdal to export my image so
>>     that it works in other programs. I am using GRASS 7.0.4.____
>>
>>     __ __
>>
>>     __1.       __Import Landsat 8 imagery____
>>
>>     __2.       __Convert the DN to reflectance/radiance____
>>
>>     __a.       __i.landsat.toar input=LC81100362016082LGN00_B
>>     output=LC81100362016082LGN00_refl
>>     metfile=LC81100362016082LGN00_MTL.txt____
>>
>>     __3.       __Perform pansharpening with i.fusion.brovey addon____
>>
>>     __a.       __i.fusion.brovey -l
>>     ms1=LC81100362016082LGN00_refl2 at Osaka
>>     ms2=LC81100362016082LGN00_refl3 at Osaka
>>     ms3=LC81100362016082LGN00_refl4 at Osaka
>>     pan=LC81100362016082LGN00_refl8 at Osaka output_prefix=brovey
>>

>> BTW: this method is superior (the addon can be installed with
>> g.extension):
>> https://github.com/NikosAlexandris/i.fusion.hpf
>
> The addon is not in the addons repository, so you cannot install it with
> a simple g.extension i.fusion.hpf. In GRASS 7.2 / trunk you can install
> it with g.extension by downloading the source code and pointing the url=
> parameter of g.extension to the source code directory.
>
> I hope that the code will be put into the addons repository, soon.

from https://grass.osgeo.org/grass72/manuals/g.extension.html

Online repositories: GitHub, GitLab and Bitbucket

For well known general hosting services, namely GitHub, GitLab and
Bitbucket, g.extension supports the download of a repository as a ZIP file.
Here the user only needs to provide a base URL to the repository web page
(with or without the https:// part). For GitLab and Bitbucket, the latest
source code in the default branch is downloaded, for GitHub, the latest
source code in the master branch is downloaded. Of course, a user can still
specify the full URL of a ZIP file and install a specific branch or release
in this way (ZIP file mechanism will be applied).

For the official repository, g.extension supports listing available
extensions (addons) and few other metadata-related operations which depend
on a specific infrastructure. For other sources and repositories, this is
not supported because it is assumed that other sources contain only one
extension, typically a module or group of modules.

-----
best regards
Helmut