[GRASS-user] Problems with Numpy and matplotlib after updating through OSGeo4W

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 18:44:18 PDT 2016

Hi list,

I just updated grass stable and trunk at my mum and brother's PCs (windows
7 - 32 bits and windows 10 - 64 bits, respectively) by means of OSGeo4W
installer.

When starting both versions (7.0.4 and 7.3) in both computers, I get a
message saying Numeric, numarray or NumPy not found.

Then, when I tried to use g.gui.timeline or g.gui.tplot, I got an error
saying matplotlib and its dependent pyparsing must be installed.

I run the update again and specifically checked for numpy, matplotlib and
pyparsing under libs, and all of them were there already selected for
update or keep, so dunno...

Has anybody had a similar issue? Do I have to manually select or install
some other lib/dependency??

All was fine before the update, in 7.0.3 and 7.1 no such issues in any of
the computers.

Looking forward to any suggestion :)

Best,
Vero