[GRASS-user] setting snap an min_area for v.in.ogr

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Jun 9 05:44:05 PDT 2016

On 09/06/16 12:55, Uwe Fischer wrote:
> Moritz,
>
> thank you very much for your help. I understand so far whats going on. But I did not choose any menu items; I typed v.in.ogr in the console window, and then the reduced wizard showed up. So the flag --ui is what I need.
>
> Is --ui available for every GRASS command?

Yes. You can see it if you la

> Or is there a way for the user to see/to learn if 2 wizards for the same command are existing?

Not really, AFAIK. --ui _always_ brings up the actual module GUI.
Normally, launching a module with just its name does the same, but for
the import and export modules special treatments have been decided
within the wxGUI. If you launch the same module in a terminal, you get
the original (--ui) GUI.

I personally find this confusing and would have prefered a separate
"Import wizard" entry in the GUI menu (with possible
g.gui.vimport/rimport modules), but others have the feeling that this
makes life easier for newcomers...

> In most cases, I'd love to see all options available because my input datasets often require filtering, selecting or setting tolerances.

+1.

You will always get all options using --ui.

Moritz