[GRASS-user] stream network

Janet Choate jsc.eco at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 11:42:09 PST 2016

Hi Will,
When running r.watershed on a small 35 hectare watershed, it produces a
fully connected stream network. However, when running r.watershed on a 6400
hectare watershed, the stream network is not fully connected.
No preprocessing with regards to merging different raster maps, however, I
did try using r.fill.dir first to deal with any possible depressions that
might be causing non-connected stream segments.
thanks,
Janet

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 11:22 AM, Will Fields <will.openfields at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Janet,
>
> Can you give some more information about what you mean by larger watershed
> basins?  Did you do any preprocessing of the elevation raster before you
> tried to extract the stream networks?  Were you using an elevation raster
> that had been merged from different rasters?  I've ran into issues in the
> past where "seams" along the original edges of a raster resulted in odd
> stream networks.
>
> Will
>
> On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 11:40 AM, Janet Choate <jsc.eco at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi GRASS community,
>> When creating a stream network with r.watershed, I end up with some
>> isolated stream segments - particularly in larger watershed basins. Does
>> anyone know how to generate a stream network that is fully connected, or
>> how to correct this issue?
>> thank you,
>> Janet

Tague Team Lab Manager