[GRASS-user] GRASS GIS 7.03 for Mac OS X, problem with wxPython (missing)

Carlos Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 06:14:33 PDT 2016

I run GRASS on OSX El Capitan (with SIP disabled). I don't think that
setting up a CLI-only version would be a solution as well. As Rainer said,
other software runs natively (see QGIS) and they don't have any problems
with OSX/SIP. We should look into that.

I don't understand why GRASS is offending SIP. Perhaps we should seek out
for help from others. Maybe Apple itself.

One point is that we need to disable SIP for the binary provided by Michael
Barton, but not if you compile it from source (or using homebrew), so this
could be fixable by changing paths, like Adam suggested. Homebrew uses
/usr/local, why can't we?

best

Carlos

--
Prof. Carlos Henrique Grohmann
Institute of Energy and Environment - Univ. of São Paulo, Brazil

http://carlosgrohmann.com
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-5073-5572