[GRASS-user] Launch spyder from the GRASS Shell in Windows 7

r.bushroot r.bushroot at outlook.com
Fri Mar 18 06:56:48 PDT 2016

I would like to use the Spyder IDE for python scripting in GRASS GIS.
For this purpose I tried to launch Spyder within a GRASS session.

In Linux I managed to do that by simply typing the following command in the
GRASS Command Shell:
/spyder -w . 2>/dev/null &./

In Windows I tried typing the following command in the GRASS Command Shell:
/\Users\user.name\Anaconda2\Scripts\spyder.exe/

However, I got this error message:
/Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\user.name\Anaconda2\Scripts\spyder-script.py", line 1, in
(module)
    from spyderlib import start_app
Import Error: No module named spyderlib/

Typing the same command (/\Users\user.name\Anaconda2\Scripts\spyder.exe/) in
the default Windows Command Shell (cmd.exe) lauches Spyder without any
problems.

*Question:
What I am doing wrong?
How can I start spyder from the GRASS Shell in Windows?*

System specifications:
Operating system: Windows 7
GRASS GIS: Version 7.0.3 using the OSGeo4W installer
Spyder: installed as part of Anaconda 4.0.0