[GRASS-user] Grass7 GUI does not start

ddarlac dimntar at rutgers.edu
Sat Mar 26 20:16:34 PDT 2016

thanks,
that helped a lot - wxgui is located in '/opt/grass/gui/wxpython'
running python wxgui.py is giving me
'segmentation fault'
running with sudo (although I have user ownership) I get the following:

Unable to import pyGRASS: grass_gis.7.0.3 not found.
Some functionality will be not accessible
NumPy not found.

    This module requires the NumPy module, which could not be
    imported.  It probably is not installed (it's not part of the
    standard Python distribution). See the Numeric Python site
    (http://numpy.scipy.org) for information on downloading source or
    binaries.

ERROR: MAPSET Rock - permission denied
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "wxgui.py", line 37, in <module>
    from lmgr.frame import GMFrame
  File "/opt/grass/gui/wxpython/lmgr/frame.py", line 50, in <module>
    from lmgr.layertree        import LayerTree, LMIcons
  File "/opt/grass/gui/wxpython/lmgr/layertree.py", line 37, in <module>
    from mapdisp.frame        import MapFrame
  File "/opt/grass/gui/wxpython/mapdisp/frame.py", line 64, in <module>
    class MapFrame(SingleMapFrame):
  File "/opt/grass/gui/wxpython/mapdisp/frame.py", line 70, in MapFrame
    page = None, Map = Map(), auimgr = None, name = 'MapWindow', **kwargs):
  File "/opt/grass/gui/wxpython/core/render.py", line 414, in __init__
    self.mapfile = grass.tempfile(create = False) + '.ppm'
  File "/opt/grass/etc/python/grass/script/core.py", line 736, in tempfile
    return read_command("g.tempfile", flags=flags, pid=os.getpid()).strip()
  File "/opt/grass/etc/python/grass/script/core.py", line 445, in
read_command
    return handle_errors(returncode, stdout, args, kwargs)
  File "/opt/grass/etc/python/grass/script/core.py", line 312, in
handle_errors
    returncode=returncode)
grass.exceptions.CalledModuleError: Module run None ['g.tempfile', '-d',
'pid=4416'] ended with error
Process ended with non-zero return code 1. See errors in the (error) output.

I have numpy installed, maybe it cannot find it; but in anyway I do not
think this is the main problem
any help?