[GRASS-user] i.segment.stats memory usage error

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Nov 2 07:47:45 PDT 2016

On 02/11/16 11:05, James Duffy wrote:
> I can't register with osgeo to submit a bug as no-one has replied with a
> 'mantra' for me to do so... what a convoluted bug reporting system!
>
> And in your opinion Moritz, does it look like my workflow will not be
> possible unless I find a 64bit machine with a decent amount of RAM?

I'm not sure about the necessity of 64bit, but more RAM probably.

IIUC, all the stats of all the zones are put into memory during the run
of the module. Maybe a file-based store of the information might be
possible which would avoid this memory usage, but I'm not sure.

@MarkusM: could you have a look at this ? See
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-user/2016-October/075493.html
for the beginning of the thread. In short: James seems to be hitting
memory limits of r.univar and I'm wondering out loud whether there is
something that could be done about this...

Moritz