[GRASS-user] d.what.vect highlighting

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 07:47:10 PDT 2016

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 10:07 AM, Dave Roberts <droberts at montana.edu> wrote:
> Recent versions of GRASS (at least as of 7.3, maybe sooner) added a
> highlight feature to the wx query tool (or d.what.vect) that paints the
> selected feature yellow for identification.  This works well when the map is
> all gray polygons, but changes the color scheme of colored thematic maps in
> a way I find confusing.
>
> I would have expected that it would only influence the polygon I click on,
> but often other polygons change color as well, depending on their cat values
> in other tables.
>
> Is there a way to turn this behavior off?

I don't think so. The problem is, it highlights all features with the
same category. Maybe this should be changed to highlight just the
specific feature? The underlying function already supports that, so it
should be easy to change. Should it be in settings perhaps?

Please create a ticket for this so that we don't forget about it.

Thank you

Anna