[GRASS-user] grass73: python module name issue

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 09:51:49 PDT 2016

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 11:52 AM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

>   Cannot copy from the tab window to here. See attached .png.

The Python the Python tab in GUI *is* the Python running the GUI. If it is
able to import numpy there, it should be able to import it during startup.
Does the g.gui give you the numpy messages?

> Finally, you can try to find where numpy actually is and compare it with
>> what sys.path is saying.
>>

> /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/numpy

I can see the `/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages` path in all the sys.path
lists you posted. If numpy is a subdir with __init__.py, then Python should
pick it up. Although numpy is a bit special since it has also a C part...

>   It seems that sys.path is not picking up this package. Interesting.

I can copy with wxPython: 3.0.2.0 (and Python 2.7.10, any GRASS).