[GRASS-user] Importing data in .atx/.gdb format

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Tue Sep 13 15:05:19 PDT 2016

Hei Rich,

Relatively recent, the OpenFileGDB driver got implemented in GDAL/OGR.
Until then one had to compile it with a FileGDB SDK from ESRI.

Both drivers do unfortunately not support raster data (though someone is or at least has been working on that).

Thus, you should be able to import your transport data (assuming it is vector) with v.in.ogr. A FGDB is as you say also a folder, but if I am not mistaken you do not have to provide special files to OGR:

I never tried it myself, but something like this should work:
v.in.ogr input=your_FGDB_folder layer=the_relevant_layer output=your_output

A list of available layers should be accessible like this:
v.in.ogr input=your_FGDB_folder -l

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
Stefan