[GRASS-user] Importing data in .atx/.gdb format [RESOLVED ... REALLY!]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Sep 15 11:22:01 PDT 2016

On Thu, 15 Sep 2016, Even Rouault wrote:

> What do you exactly mean by "fail" ? Does it report something like
>
> FAILURE:
> Unable to open datasource `foo.gdb' with the following drivers.
>  -> PCIDSK
>  -> netCDF
>  -> JP2KAK

Even,

   Yep. ogrinfo reported it could not open the data source with any driver.
And the GUI displayed no file name when I tried importing it with v.in.ogr.

> (Side note: metadata.xml is not something required in a file geodatabase,
> so this is completely ignored by the driver. Must be something specific to
> your data provider. The projection info used by the driver is stored in
> one of the "system" .gdb tables)

   I recognize this but wanted to see if there was a different EPSG code in
the metadata.

> Do you get error messages ? Otherwise adding "--debug on" (double dash
> before debug) to the ogrinfo command line might give extra messages.
> Otherwise you could share the dataset or a link to it, and could have a
> look.

   First try:

$ ogrinfo --debug on -al -so .
OGR: OGROpen(.) failed.
OGR: OGROpen(.) failed.
FAILURE:
Unable to open datasource .' with the following drivers.
   -> ESRI Shapefile
   -> MapInfo File
etc.

   Second try:

$ ogrinfo --debug on -al -so ~/data/grassdata/ODOT2014/hwynet_2015/
OGR: OGROpen(/home/rshepard/data/grassdata/ODOT2014/hwynet_2015/) failed.
OGR: OGROpen(/home/rshepard/data/grassdata/ODOT2014/hwynet_2015/) failed.
FAILURE:
Unable to open datasource
/home/rshepard/data/grassdata/ODOT2014/hwynet_2015/' with the following
drivers.
   -> ESRI Shapefile
   -> MapInfo File
etc.

   Will make a .tar.xz file of the source (that's about the smallest result)
and send it off the list.

Thanks,

Rich