[GRASS-user] v.edit tool=merge

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 00:38:04 PDT 2016

On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 8:36 AM, Vincent Bain <bain at toraval.fr> wrote:
> Le samedi 24 septembre 2016 à 22:31 +0200, Markus Metz a écrit :
>
>> These zero-length lines should not cause an infinite loop, fixed in
>> all G7 branches with r69569-71. With these changes, you also need only
>> one run of v.edit in order to merge all selected lines.
>
> Yep' perfect!
>>
>> With G64, v.edit tool=merge hangs for me on that zero-length line.
>> Weird, that G64 can successfully merge these lines for you.
>
> well, my last built of 6.4.x release dates back to mid august.

the part of G64 relevant for v.edit tool=merge last changed more than
8 years ago.

Maybe coordinates changed slightly during export, this could explain
why we get different results. Line heights for the same contour are
not exactly equal, e.g. 1239.999939 for one line and 1240 for the next
line.

Markus M