[GRASS-user] Temporal framework: calculating annual 5-day extremes

RichardCooper richtcooper at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 7 22:38:15 PDT 2017

With a manual work around I was able to use t.rast.algebra, but needed to
both manually create a relative STRDS and then register the output rasters
from t.rast.algebra into the latter.

The error encountered in using t.rast.algebra (I'm not sure if me or a bug)
appears to be that an absolute STRDS is being created by t.rast.algebra but
the generated raster layers have a relative timestamp (e.g. 'Timestamp: 1
day / 2 days').

This expression output the required summed layers (and I then manually
created the relative STRDS and registered the output layers with
t.register):
t.rast.algebra -s --verbose expression=ag_rel200=(cahpa_rel200[0] +
cahpa_rel200[1] + cahpa_rel200[2] + cahpa_rel200[3] + cahpa_rel200[4])
basename=summed

Regarding the second error with t.register as noted above: the input raster
layers have a relative timestamp and I understand that if I wish to create
an absolute STRDS, then I need to modify each layer's timestamp from
relative to absolute accordingly.

Please let me know if the above makes sense.

Best regards,
Richard