[GRASS-user] error with imported kml file

Stuart Edwards sedwards2 at cinci.rr.com
Sun Feb 12 07:36:01 PST 2017

Hi -

I have imported a kml file that contains contours of a feature of interest. Functionally an x,y,z data set.  It displays correctly in GRASS. When queried to determine the value of z, the attached error is given that indicates a lack of conformance with JSON formatting.  The values of z are given for the feature in the error message but additional processing such as v.to.rast does not work.  GRASS is able to label the contours correctly.   Using the attribute table manager is not much help - it produces an error that indicates 'Inconsistent number of columns in table'.

I see that there is a bug report (3133) that reflects the same problem but has been fixed in 7.0.5 - I'm getting the 'same' error in 7.3.svn. (on OS X 10.10.5)

The error message is too long to fit on the monitor - and is not scrollable, so the full content is not visible.

Any assistance or advice much appreciated.

Stu