[GRASS-user] t.register does not register anything in a STVDS

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sun Feb 26 05:53:08 PST 2017

Le Fri, 24 Feb 2017 19:04:50 +0100,
Sören Gebbert <soerengebbert at googlemail.com> a écrit :

> > Sören,
> >
> > I was sure I did. Anyway is it expected behaviour to be able to
> > register maps in the DB without registering them in a STDS?
>
> Yes, it is.
>
> > I agree with Markus that a warning could be useful.
>
> I don't think so, you will get a warning for expected behavior.

Maybe this means that documentation needs to be improved to make it
clear that there are two different processes here, IIUC:

1) Register maps in the database
2) Register maps as being part of a STDS

1) can exist without 2), but you need 1) for 2).

You can do 2) several times to create different STDS, but using the
same maps registered in 1).

t.register allows you to do both 1) _and_ 2), possibly in one single
run, but it is still two different processes.

Sören, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Moritz