[GRASS-user] Importing NAIP from WMS?
jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Jul 4 05:41:26 PDT 2017
I haven't tested r.in.wms yet, but I can help you to learn about the WMS
- as the r.in.wms manual states, you must always look at the
capabilities of the WMS service to get the layer names
- a list of NAIP services can be found at
- clicking on the NAIP/California service, on the resulting page there
will be a small "WMS" link in the top left of the page, this is the
GetCapabilities for that service, click it
- look for a <layer> <name> parameter in that response. Unfortunately
ArcGIS services are awful for metadata, so you can see here that the
layer is named "0" (lovely, so very helpful, ha).
- if you want another way to find your WMS layer names, use that service
in QGIS and click on the "Add WMS layer" button, create a new
connection, and use this for the URL:
Hope that helps.
MapServer Consulting and Training Services
On 2017-07-03 9:32 PM, Jeshua Lacock wrote:
> Is it possible to import NAIP data using the USDA WMS server with r.in.wms?
> Instructions how to use their WMS server is here:
> To download the NAIP for say California, its not clear to me what to specify for the layer(s) name(s).
> Whatever I have tried I get a message:
> "Unable to import pyGRASS: grass_gis.7.2.1 not found.”
> I’m not sure if that has anything to do with not being able to get any data to download or I just don’t know what I am doing.
> Jeshua Lacock
More information about the grass-user