[GRASS-user] cannot write raster w/ max = inf

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 02:09:30 PST 2017

On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 7:24 AM, Ken Mankoff <mankoff at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2017-11-10 at 23:37, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> > gdalinfo -mm your_raster_map
>
> I can post the full output, but I assume the part you are interested is
the diff between the normal and the '-mm' option, which is:

>     Computed Min/Max=0.380,inf
>
> Which are the values reported by ~r.info~.
>
> It may be a bug with the upstream producer. If inf is invalid, I can let
them know.

inf is a perfectly valid number, meaning infinity. Unfortunately, a test
for inf is only available with C standard 99, and I don't know of a manual
test in C for inf (or -inf) to avoid C 99. The bug is in r.out.gdal, not
testing for input inf values.

Markus M

> I have not seen mention of inf anywhere online (searching GeoTIFF, GDAL,
or GRASS), but it makes it hard to search because INF is a file format.