[GRASS-user] large shapefile not importing properly with v.import

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sun Oct 22 13:51:23 PDT 2017

>That explains a lot of the errors. Thus I should import only one of >the
site types A, B, C at a time, e.g. v.in.ogr where="SITETYPE='A'", >correct?

yes

>Unfortunately, with the example I mentioned, the two overlapping >polygons
are both of site type B, suggesting that the update of the >database did not
remove the old entry

sites of the same type shouldn't overlap, these are artefacts of different
data sources over Europe compiled in a not "cleaned" data set

I'm aware that not all of these issues could/should be "automagically"
solved during import, some precision errors/self intersection/....
correction would be nice :-)

-----
best regards
Helmut