[GRASS-user] R: Grass 7.4.0 install error
hellik at web.de
Thu Feb 8 09:29:29 PST 2018
Aldo Clerici wrote
> I tried to install 7.4.0 via OSGeo4W on my Windows 10 PC but without
> success (see error in att.1-2)
> I installed 7.4.0, 7.2.2 via Stand-alone installer and 7.4.0 via OSGeoW4
> on an old PC with Windows 7 and all work fine.
> Surely something strange in my Windows 10 OS, but it's strange I was able
> to install 7.2.0 and 7.0.x not long ago.
> I'll try to discover the problem with some Windows expert at my
> Many thanks to everybody.
> Aldo Clerici
could you translate the error messages?! it's italian....
AFAIU it's not a windows 10 problem, but a missing dependency problem.
could you try following steps in OSGeo4W:
- delete your OSGeo4W installation
- start with a new fresh OSGeo4W installation by first only a basic
installation, i.e. GDAL, proj4,
- open the OSGeo4W shell and type: gdalinfo --version to see if GDAL crashes
- then install GRASS7.4 in OSGeo4W
- try to open GRASS7.4 and see if it crashes
- then install QGIS and see if it crashes
and report back the results of the several steps.
the qgis-common-error seems not to be a GRASS error.
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Grass-Users-f3884509.html
More information about the grass-user