[GRASS-user] Cannot re-install Grass 7.2

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Feb 16 06:20:34 PST 2018

On 16/02/18 15:11, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> On 16/02/18 15:01, Mira Kattwinkel wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> qgis-plugin-grass depends on Grass 7.2, hence when I try to install it I
>> get the following message:
>>
>> mira at mira-mint ~ $ sudo apt-get install qgis-plugin-grass
>> Reading package lists... Done
>> Building dependency tree
>> Reading state information... Done
>> Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
>> requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
>> distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
>> or been moved out of Incoming.
>> The following information may help to resolve the situation:
>>
>> The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>>     qgis-plugin-grass : Depends: grass722 but it is not installable
>> E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

But I'm a bit surprised by this. Looking at the ubuntugis-unstable page,
I don't see any dependency to qgis-plugin-grass to grass 7.2. On the
contrary, it depends on grass-core (>= 7.4.0).

Maybe there was just a missing "apt-get update" before trying to install
the plugin ?

Try again with ubuntugis-unstable, apt-get update, apt-get upgrade and
see what happens.

Moritz