[GRASS-user] Fwd: ASC files - Contours lines on elevation map on GRASS 7.4/Ubuntu 16.04

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 03:54:36 PST 2018

It's been a while since I used ARC so I might be a bit confused here. The
ASC file you have is a GRIDASCII correct? That is why you are importing it
using r.import?

Anyway, during r.import you can crop the image to the current region
settings (using the extent parameter). Check to see if that is not the
case. Thus, in your r.import command use extent=input or just don't use
that option at all, since that is the default.

Another thing that might help is if you patch the MNT rasters, you can set
a nicer colortable. Take a look at r.patch

Cheers
Daniel