[GRASS-user] Multiple `r.proj` requests on the same raster map(s)

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Tue Feb 27 01:19:38 PST 2018

* Markus Metz <markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com> [2018-02-27 09:08:03 +0100]:

>On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 6:34 PM, Nikos Alexandris <nik at nikosalexandris.net>
>wrote:
>>
>> Thanks a lot Markus.
>>
>> I didn't mean to "hide" details.
>
>Details are not so important here, and it is easy to get lost in details.
>The general workflow and design on how to run GRASS processing chains in
>parallel is more important. Most important is how a "sandbox" environment
>for each job is created, i.e. unique mapset, unique GISRC file, maybe also
>a unique temporary directory. This "sandbox" environment must be created
>outside GRASS, then start the processing in a unique mapset with e.g.
>grassXY -c /path/to/unique/mapset --exec /path/to/script, and after GRASS
>finished, clean up, removing the temporary mapset and any temporary data.
>
>Therefore it does not really help if you provide a script, more helpful
>would be a description on how a script is launched for parallel processing.
>
>Markus M

Understood. I have put pieces together as a
workflow (as implied in
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Does-multi-threading-apply-to-r-series-lwr-td5341184.html)
before starting the real work. Once time permits, I'll come back in this
(or the other) thread with what I have worked out.

Thanks a million, Nikos