[GRASS-user] Semi-automatic classification with GRASS modules

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Jul 4 03:20:31 PDT 2018

Hi Giuseppe,

On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 11:36 AM, Giuseppe Cillis <giucillis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I'm applying between QGIS and GRASS to apply a semi-automatic classification
> of aerial photos.
> In practice I would like to use the combination of the grass modules in the
> processing of QGIS; i.cluster and i.maxlink. My problem is that with
> i.cluster I can not create the "spectral signature" which then must be used
> in the second module. Why?
> In practice I use two photo areas and I left (As proof) the preset
> parameters but at the end of the process (Although it does not give me
> errors), only a final report is created and no spectral signature files.
> Why?

Please consider to use more recent approaches like i.segment,
r.learn.ml (addon), v.class.mlR (addon) etc.

You can find an overview here which we presented at FOSDEM earlier this year:

GRASS GIS in the sky: GRASS GIS as high-performance remote sensing toolbox
https://fosdem.org/2018/schedule/event/geo_grass/

Best
Markus

--