[GRASS-user] Semi-automatic classification with GRASS modules

Massi Alvioli nocharge at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 08:45:03 PDT 2018

Hi all,

you may want to consider topography-driven classification: by that I
mean a classification
restricted to proper sub-areas; in particular we have explored the use
of both rectangular
areas and slope units, for the specific purpose of landlisde mapping,
in this paper:

https://doi.org/10.1080/19475705.2018.1458050

we expect the method to work for purposes other than landslide
mapping, and to be even
more effective in locations at larger latitudes, where shades are more
relevant to the specific
spectral response of each given terrain class, in a given sub-area.

Massi