[GRASS-user] Semi-automatic classification with GRASS modules

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 09:42:02 PDT 2018

On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 11:36 AM, Giuseppe Cillis <giucillis at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I'm applying between QGIS and GRASS to apply a semi-automatic
classification of aerial photos.
> In practice I would like to use the combination of the grass modules in
the processing of QGIS; i.cluster and i.maxlink. My problem is that with
i.cluster I can not create the "spectral signature" which then must be used
in the second module. Why?

The signature file is stored in the current mapset. When you use GRASS
through QGIS, a temporary location and mapset is created and again deleted
once the GRASS process has finished. That means the signature file is
created, but again deleted when QGIS deletes the temporary location/mapset.
The solution is to use GRASS directly.

Markus M

> In practice I use two photo areas and I left (As proof) the preset
parameters but at the end of the process (Although it does not give me
errors), only a final report is created and no spectral signature files.
Why?